Why Every Kitchen Should Have A Lemon Squeezer?
If you ask any chef, one of the main strategies to balance flavours in a dish is to add a hint of acidity to it.
And acidity implies only one ingredient category: the citrus family.
So, whenever you’re preparing meals, don’t skimp on the lemon juice, or some freshly squeezed orange juice. Hey, they’re not reserved for martinis alone!
But those who toil away their precious hours in the kitchen know that squeezing lemons every now and then for a cocktail, then an appetizer and the main course too is not easy.
While hacks on the internet say you could effortlessly squeeze lemon juice with a fork, we say why take the trouble? Sometimes, all a cook wants is the process of cooking to be pleasanter.
That’s where all the mighty kitchen tools step in. And the mightiest of all is the lemon squeezer. Here are all the right reasons you should buy a lemon squeezer:
1. Well, the sheer quantity of lemon juice that comes out with a juicer is thrice as much as when you squeeze the lemon on your own.
This minimal investment gives you more bang for your buck: you’re not trashing half-squeezed lemons anymore.
2. The squeezer requires no technique and no instructions. Unlike a lot of trendy kitchen gadgets that are hard make sense of, the lemon squeezer is relatively basic.
All you do is cut the lemon and place it in between.
3. Ever hosted a dinner party and tasted lemon seeds in your salad? Doesn’t feel good, right? The squeezer delicately removes all the juice and catches the seeds.
4. Using a separate tool for the task is more hygienic. Plus, you don’t have to wash your hands all the time.
5. In a fast-moving restaurant kitchen, you’ll never see someone squeeze a lemon in their hands.
With a lemon squeezer, your work gets speedily done and you save some strength too.
6. A nice kitchen tool like this one will make you add more citrus to your food and drink. A
great way to sneak some of that Vitamin C goodness into your meals!
Now that we have you convinced about how a lemon squeezer is worth every buck, we hope you buy one that’s compact, efficient, and one that works with any size or shape of citrus.
The lemon squeezer is a perfect invention and we hope you take the most advantage of it!
Buy Best Lemon Squeezer
A. The citrus squeezer works by the mechanism of a lever and fulcrum. The upper part serves as the lever, while the lemon acts as the fulcrum.
The hinge that puts the upper and lower part works to press the lemon or lime between these two parts.
A. Step 1: Take your citrus squeezer and wash it with running water.
Step 2: Take a double-sided sponge and put about two to three drops of dishwashing liquid soap, or just enough until bubbles or suds form when squeezed repeatedly.
Step 3: Use the scrub side of the sponge and get every area especially those that don’t have a smooth surface.
Step 4: Use a small brush to get through the holes and the bottom of the first piece.
Step 5: Finish it off by wiping the squeezer using the soft side of the sponge.
Step 6: Rinse the squeezer thoroughly with running water. Then, lightly pat it with a clean towel and let it air dry further.
Step 7: Once fully dried, store it in a safe place or hang it when possible.
A. John Thomas White invented the lemon squeezer for the purpose of efficiently making his own lemonade instead of buying it.
Also Read: The Benefits of Using a Burger Press