The Benefits of Using a Burger Pressadmin
Burger presses create consistently shaped and sized burgers, keeping the meat fresh and cold by lessening the need for handling. A densely packed burger doesn’t need binding ingredients either, resulting in a pure pattie. about the benefits of using a burger press:
- Less Handling: Burger presses allow you to pack patties without squishing the meat between your warm hands. Heat radiated by your hands can cause proteins to denature.
- Translation: Icky texture. Using your hands to pack raw meat can cause the fat to melt and the meat to break apart which causes a mushy, unappealing texture when it’s time to devour your burger.
- Keep That Raw Meat Cold: KitchenGlora burger presses are metal, so you can keep them chilled in the refrigerator which keeps your meat cold too.
- Uniformity: Burger presses make uniform patties: same weight and diameter every time. Uniform patties cook evenly throughout and will come to temperature around the same time on the grill.
- Perfect Weight: Burger presses help achieve the weight you’re going for. Our Single Burger Press has measurements on the handle that allow you to adjust to ¼, ⅓, and ½ lb patties.
- Little to No Cleanup: They’re less mess. Especially if you use Patty Paper. We’ll let you in on a little “secret:” Put Patty Paper on the bottom of your Press.
- Put a ball of meat on top of that. Put another piece of paper on top of the meat. Press. Whoa! There’s a perfect patty enclosed in paper, and no meat on your press. Nice, right?
- Purer Patties: If you use a press, there’s no need for an egg. Or breadcrumbs. Or whatever meatloaf-intended binder you’re junking up your patties with.
- A press will pack them tightly enough, without making the mush you get when you use your hands. So save that egg to fry over-easy and throw on top later!
- Prettier Patties: The burgers look good. Who doesn’t marvel at a perfectly round, evenly dense patty?
There are many benefits to using a burger press.